Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Surgery 5- 3rd Grade...2004


This is a picture of the scar from my healed hip where I had my bone graft.
 Surgery 5- 3rd Grade
They took a piece of bone the size of a nickel out of my left hip and placed it up in my pre maxilla area, trying to create a more stable structure. This surgery was probably the most painful for me as I had to deal with the sharp pain from hip as well as having to learn the ways of getting up and down the stairs or bending in any way. I remember whenever I tried to lie down on a couch I had to use a step stool to get myself above the couch and then plop myself down without causing too much pain in my hip. My hip hurt more than my mouth in this surgery. My parents said I bounced back amazingly fast from this surgery.


This Surgery I very much remember. I had some rather intense pain in my hip, just try to imagine having bone scraped out of your hip and the pain that would be resulted from it. It was a struggle for me to get around, I stayed upstairs in my room for a good day or so and finally with the help of my mom made my way downstairs. I had a sticky plastic type of covering that was square that was placed over the incision from where the bone was taken to keep from anything getting into it. I remember receiving so many bouquets of flowers for this surgery as my room began to smell rather strong from all the different flowers :) . I tried to stay positive through it all and through all of these I just know that this is what I have to go through to become the best I can on the outside. God was and is always with me, he walks through it all with me. The pain and the joy each surgery brings. I know I dont always look the best through the recovering process from these surgeries but it's like that saying "sometimes it has to be worse before it can get better", each one of these surgeries are steps to the ending result. My God, my family and my friends always here to support me through all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment