Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Suprise Letter



This is me in 5th grade I had just received a letter from my birth mom. It was quite a surprise for me and my family, yet super exciting! She had explained exactly like we had heard her story and reason of why she had to let me go and how she thinks of me all the time and “hopes I never hold unforgiveness towards her for letting me go”. We sent this picture to her and I hope that she saw how blessed I am because of the choice she made to let me go…look me now J I am happy, blessed, loved and hope she understands this from this picture we sent to her. Even though we wrote her back and sent this picture and asked her questions, we have never heard from her since. Maybe someday, God willing, we will.


At the time I received this letter I saw it as important and exciting, but 4 years later and I look back I truly value this letter my birthmom sent me. As I've been writing this blog the realization of how much my birthmom sacrificed for me is almost sureal. To have received a letter from her in her own words  her story and reason of why she had to let me go showed me what it truly means to love someone. To love them enough to put them before yourself, to give them up with the hope that they could have something better if they were given the opportunity to have it. Just as she gave me the opportunity through adoption and look at me now where I am. Blessed beyond belief, in the most incredible family, a family I could have never have dreamed of being apart of. I was giving a new life away from her, a life I give fully back to God.

Ephesians 2:4-5 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment