Monday, September 5, 2011

Introduction to my journey

This is my story, my testimony, this is our story...my family and I. Mostly my mom and I as she has supported me and always ALWAYS been there for me, through all my pain, and all my joy of these surgeries. This is His story, God's plan above all. I've always been told that God didn't accidently forget to form my mouth, as he created with me a cleft lip and palate. He had a plan, a plan before I was even born. Just as Jeremiah 1:5 states "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart..."
I believe my story was created by God to bring people to him, and that I was created to be used by Him to touch other's lives through my testimony. I hope that as you read this, my story will reveal to you my God's great power and his hand in my life.
I hope you enjoy reading our journey from day one, as well as through each surgery, and our journey now as I am on my downhill slope of all my surgeries.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plan I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..."

3 comments:

  1. I love you, I can't even tell you how much. You are the bestest fried I could ever have, I'm really excited to read more. You've gone through so much and your love for God is truly amazing. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie.  My niece Jessica sent me your your blog as I am another "Mom Julie." We have a beautiful baby boy named Gabriel who is now 7 months old and recovering from his first major surgery for his bilateral cleft lip and palate.  His baby pix look a lot like yours!  He is doing great with his new upper lip, but as you know, we have a long road ahead.  Your writing made me cry and smile.  I just pray God keeps me strong and supportive like your family have been for you.  Gabe has 3 big brothers and a sister who love him too.  We are learning daily what God's plan is for our family. I thank God for all your blessings - beginning with your courageous birth mother! I will continue to follow your blog. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie-
    I am so glad that you were able to read my blog and see what is all in store for you and your family. I pray for strength for Gabe and strength for your family as you enter into a new journey. My mom is always sure to tell me exactly what I was going into for each surgery, knowledge of what was going to happen has helped my fears before any surgery. It's almost calming to know what it is going to happen and what to expect. Knowing what the pain level would be before I had the surgery was always helpful to prepare me for how I would feel when I came out. I hope this blog will give you an insight into all that is ahead as you journey through with your family and with God at your side.

    ReplyDelete